Roles & Responsibilities
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the National Unity Government of Myanmar shall lead the implementation of the foreign policy of the National Unity Government.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall support the foreign policy and international relations activities of the Union Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- As a member of the People’s Security and Defence Council, the Minister of Foreign Affairs shall employ the diplomatic means and establish relations with foreign nations and international community in order to assist the security and defense affairs of the Union.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs shall collaborate and coordinate with other ministries that are the members of People’s Security and Defence Council.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible to closely coordinate with United Nations, foreign governments, regional organizations and foreign diplomatic corps.